Bryan turns 30 tomorrow so the Clarks came down last night to celebrate his bday. They came down to spend the afternoon with Reese and then the adults went out to dinner. After dinner I went over to game night with my bible study and had a good time socializing. I feel its worth every penny I pay the babysitter to be able to go out as an adult each Tues night and socialize with other adults. Today was a great day. I took the day off work - a very rare thing for me. I take off for vacations and such but never just to have a "me" day. I slept until 8 (shocking since I am always up early) and then took Reese to MDO. I went to the gym, had the sprinkler system fixed, went out to lunch with friends, ran errands and spent time at home with the tv. Of course Reese has to be picked up by 2:30 so I am limited in what I can do with a day off- but it was great. Reese and I had a great afternoon. We went to Kindermusik, Reese ate like crazy for dinner and we went for a walk.
Today is a sad day because I went out to lunch with my old FRG (military support group) friends to say goodbye to Sharen Leigh. Ben and Sharen Leigh have been great friends to both Rusty and I. Since Rusty and Ben worked at the armory together, they were friends independently of Sharen Leigh and I which was nice. We used to meet for lunch and hang out alot when they were both stationed here. Ben and Sharen are headed to AL for flight school and then back to Houston in approx 2 years. Its not goodbye forever, but CS wont be the same without them. I can't imagine if we ever have to face an overseas deployment again, not going through it with Sharen Leigh again. There are times this summer that I wanted to have a pity party for myself and I was reminded of how Sharen Leigh was home alone with 3 kids- including a newborn- and if she could do it and never complain- so could I!
Today is a sad day because I went out to lunch with my old FRG (military support group) friends to say goodbye to Sharen Leigh. Ben and Sharen Leigh have been great friends to both Rusty and I. Since Rusty and Ben worked at the armory together, they were friends independently of Sharen Leigh and I which was nice. We used to meet for lunch and hang out alot when they were both stationed here. Ben and Sharen are headed to AL for flight school and then back to Houston in approx 2 years. Its not goodbye forever, but CS wont be the same without them. I can't imagine if we ever have to face an overseas deployment again, not going through it with Sharen Leigh again. There are times this summer that I wanted to have a pity party for myself and I was reminded of how Sharen Leigh was home alone with 3 kids- including a newborn- and if she could do it and never complain- so could I!I sandwhich tray leaked on my shirt so I am bent all crazy in this picture trying to hide!
I am going to finish up my night watching my Friday Night Light DVD's that came today. I love that show and I have never been so anxious for my DVD's to come in the mail from Blockbuster as I have for this series.
I am trying to think of creatives names for the title of my blog- so if you have any let me know. Reese isnt that catchy!

I am going to finish up my night watching my Friday Night Light DVD's that came today. I love that show and I have never been so anxious for my DVD's to come in the mail from Blockbuster as I have for this series.
I am trying to think of creatives names for the title of my blog- so if you have any let me know. Reese isnt that catchy!
1 comment:
Reese's Pieces!
Post a Comment