Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday

He likes to snap green beans with me now
Today was a busy and fun day. We went to the gym and to playgroup before lunch and had a spontaneous playdate with Erich and Lacey this afternoon. My friend Laura has come to spend the weekend. She has never met Reese and I am glad she got to come for a visit. I claim we have been friends since 7th grade. She claims I met her in 6th grade but wasn't her friend until 8th. I will go with somewhere in the middle we became friends:) Most of you will know her as Laura from France since I went to visit her over there twice. She now lives in Dallas and is buying a house next month so she will be entering the homeowners club- yeah!
Wrestling with Erich
Per Charissa- I have been tagged for her questionnaire and I am a woman of my word.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Starting my senior year of college. Living in my duplex which was first time not in the sorority house or dorm. Drama with my duplex roommates! Preparing to be a rho chi for recruitment and hating every minute of disaffiliation from my sorority. Having a fantastic summer in CS. I always loved the summers in college because the classes were smaller and you made friends-- including my friendship with the Weavers that later led to my friendship/roommate Ellen.

Things on my to-do list today
I still need to call and find out where my half price Veritas coupon is. I need to check my finances and pay bills. I need to call the mortgage company and see if they can cut me a deal on a refinance. I need to plug in my new freezer. I am proud to say that most of my to do list was accomplished this week because I didn't have a bad week at work and had time to take care of things- yeah!

What are some snacks you enjoy? I really like the Natural Cheddar Cheetos and was excited I found them this week. I mostly eat healthy foods and my favorite snacks are smoothies and cliff bars

What would you do if you were a millionaire? The fluff answer is I would get a private jet so I could travel the world. I think realistically I would give money to my top charities which are Grace Bible Church, Wilcrest Baptist Church, Star of Hope, World Vision and Homes of St Mark(my adoption agency). All of these charities are ones I give to now and are very important to me. I would give a small donation to ADPi as well (although not to be grouped with the ones above since its not really charity). I would also give money to my family so that they could pay off their houses

Name some places you've called home
My life story is Houston(Alief for a year and then Mission Bend for 23 years) College Station, back to living with mom in Houston waiting to get married, The Woodlands, TX- and now back to College Station. I guess I could technically call Fort Benning GA and Fort Knox KY home for 5 and 4 months.

So that's - Houston- College Station- Houston- Woodlands- College Station. I don't travel far and I know the Army will move me somewhere not fun in the future

What are some of your bad habits?
Talking too much, being too blunt, interrupting, gossiping

What are some jobs you've held?
babysitting
Target for a few months when I was 16 and saving for a car
Joshua's Christian Store/Family Christian Store- 8 years
Hewitt-9 years
I am a stable employee and don't like to switch jobs.

Who are you tagging?
I am going to say whoever has time to do it

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Min, I'm tagging YOU, so see my blog for the list!