
We pulled into Seattle in the early evening. We had a wonderful suite at the Hyatt in downtown Seattle. It was a great location because we could walk everywhere. We were walking distance to REI and Nordstrom so we were both happy! The first night walked down to PF Changs and were so excited to have a familiar meal that we could count on.We spent all day Tuesday in downtown Seattle. We started the morning at Pike's Place Market (Rusty couldn't get enough of it- he had already been there 2 weeks before and we attempted to make 3 trips there on our trip). We saw several other sights including the original Starbucks, the Hammering Man, the Library, and shopping. We also went to the 35th floor of the Smith building to view the city (alternative to the space needle). We took the monorail over to Seattle center where we saw the Space Needle (but didn't pay the crazy $ to go up in it). We took a break at the fountain there watching the kids run around and play. We also hit the town shopping.
view from our room 


the library
Pioneer Square
Pikes Place Market
The Original Starbucks
Trying to mimic the cover of the Frommers guide:)

I flew out midday Wednesday, so we got up early to drive around the city. We drove around the Univ of Washington Campus and the Freemont area. We also went to the locks to watch the fish ladder and the boats pass by.
We had a great time together in Seattle. We haven't taken a trip alone since Hawaii and it was LONG overdue. The only thing that didnt go as planned on the entire trip was that I left my glasses in the rental car in WA so I had to get an eye exam and new glasses on the 1 day I was home before going to Disney World (which I needed to do anyway so in a way it was good)
1 comment:
Mindy - at some point you will probably lose the tv battle :). I know you won't let Reese sit in front of the tv for hours on end. Paul watches PBS or Noggin and the occastional Veggie Tale dvd. He also points to the "t" and demands we turn it on... often times we say no.
Post a Comment