Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time with Laura

My mom sent me the CD with the Disney Pictures and this was on it. This is my favorite picture of us. Its rare that he looks at the camera and smiles. She blew it up to an 8 by 10 for me so I better go get a frame. This picture is a few months old but I still love it. I have also updated my Disney blogs below with new pictures now that I have hers.

Laura and I had a wonderful visit. We went to dinner and the grocery store but otherwise just hung out at home. I felt like I should entertain more but she assured me that spending time at home watching Homefront (a tv series from the early 90's we both love) and just talking all weekend was good for her. Its nice to be with old friends because its so effortless. You can tell stories and they don't need to know the backstory because they already know it. This is the problem I found alot when we lived in GA because no one knew a thing about you or about Texas so everything had a backstory.

Of course he wouldn't pose when he was in his nice church clothes with her!

I cooked up a storm with Laura here. I made orange rolls this morning -too much sugar and too much effort to knead bread for me to do it again. I cooked jerk chicken last night and steak tonight. I am ready for Rusty to be home so I am not cooking meals like for Reese and I. It was nice having Laura here so that someone actually appreciates my efforts. Reese is so obsessed with jello that he could pretty much care less what else I feed him! Reese was an angel this weekend and was quite the show off for Laura. His vocabulary is really improving and he clearly understands what I say. This goes for when I talk on the phone now as well so I have to be careful what I say when I talk about the good or bad things he is doing over the phone:)

Ross King lead worship today at church and it was amazing. I had been a fan for years and have alot of his cd's. I cant wait for him to be our worship leader when Grace Southwood opens.

I got out the playdoh for the first time yesterday and Reese loved it

1 comment:

Ro said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Reese! You look HAWT!