On Thursday we went back to Magic Kingdom. I must admit this trip was much different because I rode all of the Fantasy Land kid rides that I had always skipped. We rode Winnie the Pooh (which I must say is a BEAUTIFUL ride), Snow White, Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Carousel, and the family favorite Its A Small World. He also rode several things in Tomorrow Land -the people mover twice, saw the Carousel of Progress twice, and I rode Space Mountain!
Riding the people mover for the second time that day

Reese's first time on the carousel. He cried when he had to get off. He loved it!



On Friday we went to Epcot. In the past, we did the front part of the park in a few hours and then the countries all day. This time, we didn't even get back to the countries until after 5. The fun thing about this day was that Reese and I were walking around in the Innovations building when we were handed dream fast passes. I was able to get Heather and Brent over there soon enough but too late for Kelley. Basically it was a fast pass to 6 of the rides that you could use at any point of the day. I could have really used that in Magic Kingdom! Some of them we didn't need because lets face it- there is never a line for the boat ride in the "Land", but some of them came in handy. At 8:45 we ended up using one of them to ride the ride in Norway and then we were able to make it back to our spot for the light show at 9!



On Friday we went to Epcot. In the past, we did the front part of the park in a few hours and then the countries all day. This time, we didn't even get back to the countries until after 5. The fun thing about this day was that Reese and I were walking around in the Innovations building when we were handed dream fast passes. I was able to get Heather and Brent over there soon enough but too late for Kelley. Basically it was a fast pass to 6 of the rides that you could use at any point of the day. I could have really used that in Magic Kingdom! Some of them we didn't need because lets face it- there is never a line for the boat ride in the "Land", but some of them came in handy. At 8:45 we ended up using one of them to ride the ride in Norway and then we were able to make it back to our spot for the light show at 9!I rode Test Track and then watched Conner and Reese while the others rode it. I took Reese and Conner over to the aquarium and I must admit that having 2 kids is much harder than 1 alone at an amusement park:) We went to the Honey I Shrunk the Audience show (Reese loved the 4d again), the Nemo ride and aquarium, a ride that talked about your senses, and played musical hopscotch for toddlers We also went on the boat ride in the "Land" (twice- pointing at everything along the way)- I think he has alot of Rusty in him because he loved the greenhouse and the fish hatchery.
I rode the new ride Soarin and I must admit it was really cool. Its a simulated ride of what it would feel like to fly or para glide over different areas in the US - The Golden Gate bridge, Yosemite etc. I really like how they incorporated the smell of the areas you were flying over in the ride. For example, when you flew over the orange grove you smelled oranges, when you flew over the mountains you smelled trees etc.
We stayed for the light show and had a fantastic view. Reese loved the light show and especially loved that I gave in for one of those blinky rope necklace deals that he stared at until I decided he was overstimulated!
Visiting the aquarium

Reese did a great job on the flight home. He was so tired that he slept almost the entire way home from the airport (about 5 pm). We went to Mi Cocina with Grandpa and Uncle Bryan and that was the ended our fun trip! Reese woke up at 6:30 on Sunday- I think he was ready to hit the parks! Luckily he has slept late every day this week since!
I am impressed that you read the whole thing. I promise they will never be this long again


3 comments:
I LOVE reading your blog!! Sounds like Reese had a blast:)
I can't believe your nephews are so big! They are all grown up!!!
I've never been to anything Disney (except the movies), so it is a pleasure to read!
Post a Comment