Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Friends and Fun

Yesterday was a fun day. I had 2 friends over yesterday for a play group and then went with friends to see Mamma Mia. I had high expectations after seeing the show on Broadway and listening to the sound track frequently. I think Meryl Streep isn't right for the role and thought it was funny to see Pierce Brosnon sing but over all pretty good.We all decided to move to Greece after seeing the movie. I really wanted to go to Greece,Spain and Italy before I had kids- maybe one day.
Reese kept taking out Gianna's hair bows I have had 6 local friends change jobs in a little over a month- 4 of who lost their jobs. They are all so at peace with it and know that God will provide. This tested my faith because I don't know that I could be so calm if Rusty lost his job. Luckily, Rusty has about the most stable job you can so its not an issue but it got me thinking how thankful I am. A few examples

1.I have a wonderful husband who loves me and accepts all my shortcomings. He even went out of his way this week to tell me how much he appreciates all that I do for the family and how I am an independent wife who can take care of things on the home front while he is gone.
2.I have a healthy child who is a huge blessing to us
3. I have wonderful friends and family who support me
4. I have a great job which allows me to contribute to the family income, stimulate my mind, and provide the creative outlet I need. I have a job where I can work part time from home and spend a lot of time with Reese. I am fortunate to be one of the few military wives who can say that I have a job wherever I go
5. We have a great house (even though I am begging Rusty to let us move a mile down the street to another neighborhood)
6. We have cars that are paid for and don't give us any problems
7. We have been fortunate to be able to save our 6 months expenses in case a crisis occurs
8. We have a great church that we both enjoy.
9.Both of our parents live reasonable close so we get to see them alot
10. We all have our health
11. I have wonderful parents who never treat me any differently because of my adoption







Reese is finally no longer scared of the sprinkler (ignore his outfit - I didnt want him messing up his good pants). He also likes to try to drink from itMy little pointer

No comments: