Monday, June 23, 2008

Nursery fun

Reese got a new Strasburg outfit when we were in Houston. I think he looks like a doll and until he is 2 I can dress him however I want:) We were off to church in our Sunday best (I know I am one of the few who still cant wear pants to church) and I was doing my first day of nursery duty (after all he is 18 months so its time to give back). I was assigned the 2 year old class and everything was going fine.My neighbor dropped her daughter off and was telling me how she doesn't do well if she leaves, so the mom usually stays in Sunday School with her. Well I guess she decided she might be ok so she left to go to church. I was trying to calm the daughter down when she VOMITED ALL OVER ME! When her mom came back in, she mentioned that if she leaves her she gets nervous and vomits. Would have been nice to know before I tried to hold her child and calm her down! Good thing I got some gum to cover the smell for all those sitting around me during church! On a funny note, the mom did find me and bring me clothes to change into, but I opted to stay in my own. Your day can only go up from here!

After much debate I decided to attend the ice cream social for our Sunday School class. I went to HEB for the sole purpose of getting milk free ice cream (its so fun to drag Reese in a store for 1 thing of course). So we got our $4 pint of milk free ice cream and off we went. I bought the ice cream thinking he would be upset that he couldn't eat what others were. Well, he could really care less and wanted to play instead. Who knows if we will ever finish off that ice cream. It was ok - but its no Blue Bell Cookies and Cream
Reese has really taken to helping me clean. I can hardly sweep when he is around because he steals my broom and doesn't care a thing about his small hand broom
Tonight I cooked dinner for Bryan, Sharen Leigh and the boys, Crystal and Shane. Dinner went really well and we had a good time. Its going to be sad to see Sharen Leigh and Ben move in a few weeks. However- they will be back in TX after a year and I know we will run into them at army events.
I happen to have a portable swing in my trunk that I got back from Stacey yesterday. We got it out for Sharen Leighs son, and Reese went right for it on his way to the bath tub!

Work has been insane. Deadline is tomorrow so it will all be better soon. I actually forgot to eat lunch until 3 today (and I never forget) so that tells you the sort of day its been. On the positive side, I did get to talk to Amanda and Christine on the phone and catch up. I am really trying to be better about returning to my former self and keeping up with everyone!

Rusty had a few days off and went to Mt Rainer. He found gas for $4.50 a gallon. Can't wait to go and drive all over the state at that price! He returned back to a long shift today and will be back on night for 4 more days.

4 comments:

Sharen Leigh said...

:o) I don't know why I never thought to ask you if you have a blog...good thing you commented on Charissa's (I'm a regular stalker on hers).

Dinner tonight was soooo yummy; thanks again for cooking for me and the boys. Coming over was a nice break from painting, too... Thanks again!

Jennifer said...

I've got such a fat "I told you so!" waiting for you.

Cute pix!

Andy Crawford said...

Is $4.50 cheap?

How are Amanda and Christine?

Jackie

p.s. - Did you hear that Lindsey is expecting?

Laura said...

GROSS!!!!! That vomit story is the reason I don't have kids. I think I'll be putting it off even longer now...