Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time with Friends

Reese and I have been having a lot of fun. Yesterday we took a spur of the moment trip to the park with Lacey and Angela. Reese loves playing on the big kids playground of course and didn't have a lot of interest in the playground for kids his size. He really liked to go down the tunnel slide (I guess since its slow).

Last night I had bible study and tried out my new babysitter. Everything went really well with the new sitter. She refused to accept my regular rate saying that it was too much for the little she had to do. FANTASTIC! She came highly recommended from our current babysitter who is sadly moving to NYC this month. We will miss her dearly- however now I have an excuse to go back to NYC!!!!

Today was a crazy day personally and at work. Reese slept late so I ended up having to work out after dropping him at Lacey's. It feels weird to be at the gym instead of work at 10 am. It makes me a bit jealous for those moms who are off during the day and can come and go on their own schedule:) Then Lacey called to say I forgot Reese's lunch (surprisingly the first time this has happened in his entire life) so back to her house I go. In the midst of this, I had to get my dinner for tonight ready since it is a crockpot recipe and needs to cook for several hours.

This afternoon, Angela and Austin came over for a playdate. Both of the boys had a ton of fun listening to the Kindermusik cd, dancing, playing with instruments and being boys. Surprisingly, we were able to keep them happy without having to go outside and have a heat stroke.

Tonight I had a dinner party with Sharen Leigh and Crystal .I finally got to meet her boyfriend and he was so nice. It seems like years ago we were all in the military support group together. Sharen Leigh has a 4 month old who weighs a pound or two less than Reese which is pretty amusing.

Trying to get Reese to sit next to Crystal for the picture

Success!

Tomorrow we have Kindermusik, but otherwise a relatively calm day. If Reese is up to it, we may go to the Childrens Museum with friends before Kindermusik.

Reese has really been doing well with his discipline and his signs. He decided in the past week to sign and talk non stop:)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds fun! What is the crockpot recipe?