Reese can now move his school bus with his feetI must be honest and say that my head has been in the clouds the last 2 days when it comes to work because all I can think about is planning the trip! I am all booked and have got everything planned out. Change of plans from Sunday and now I will be gone for 5 days instead of 4. We will spend the first night in Olympic National Park and then the other 4 in Seattle. Its a good thing I am in shape because I think we will be doing a lot of hiking
Reese has been such a joy the past 2 days. He returned back to MDO yesterday and seems to be doing well with his new teachers . I had a moment of panic when they were about to give him a cookie but they have since been briefed on his allergies.
Reese slept until 9 yesterday am -of course I was up working at 6:30- he never sleeps late on the weekends for me :). We went to the grocery store and he had a blast. Today we went shoe shopping and he did really well. He has gotten a lot easier to run errands with for sure. He seems to like going out- at least for a while.
We spent this afternoon over with Angela and Austin. I was telling her that we need to do a temporary toy exchange because he was going crazy with the new toys that Austin had. They had so much fun together and for once it wasn't too hot out. We rushed home so that we could meet the babysitter so I could head off to the work night. Our bible study group decided that instead of study tonight, we would go and help with the remodel of the new Southwood Campus of the church. It was really neat to see how its coming together (grace-bible.org). Its especially neat for us to see since Rusty went to the Church of Christ that used to occupy the building when he was in college. It opens Aug 17.
It is very clear that he really understands what I say now. Every morning I say lets go to the car and he goes to the garage door. After I open the door he puts his hand up to open the garage door (somehow it magically opens when his hand is 3 feet from the switch:)). He is such a joy and so much fun.
Rusty started his first rotation with the cadets out in the field today. I hope the day went well and that time will start to speed up now since he is bored.
This picture made me laugh- Reese was carrying around a picture of Rusty he took of the nightstand and untied his shoes so he fell
Matching from his head to his toes
1 comment:
I love reading from you every day. Your life moves so fast! Mine will be the same for 3 to 5 days AT LEAST. Go to the store. Didn't make it. Go tomorrow. Didn't make it...
Post a Comment