Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Ups and Downs


Happy Fathers Day!

Our day got off to a rough start but had a great ending.

Reese woke up hysterical at 6:30. I couldn't get him back to sleep and he kept running to our room and hitting the bed saying dada. He was knocking on all the doors looking for him. I guess it just hit him that his Dad was gone. He apparently said Dada all through church nursery as well. Since he was so tired I assumed he would take a good nap this afternoon- of course not.

After he woke up I decided to get us out of the house and to the mall. I found several good deals at Gymboree so it was worth it. I have been trying to not spend a lot of money, but then its boring to stay home all day-- so we go out- which costs money. And round and round we go! I did see several people I knew there and Reese was excellent. Sadly, he did seem to notice Barney playing in Gymboree - not a habit I am ready to undertake!

The day ended with me spending the whole night researching and booking my trip to Seattle! I am so excited that Rusty's days off weren't during my Disney World trip. Rustys parents will watch Reese and Rusty and I will be taking a much needed vacation together for 5 days and 4 nights. Even more exciting, we got a military rate on a car and at the Hyatt so that makes it less painful. While the airline ticket wasn't cheap- atleast I only had to buy 1 so I consider this trip a bargain. I am so excited! Rusty is in WA, his parents are in CO, my Dad is headed to FL this week- now its my turn!

1 comment:

Andy Crawford said...

Poor Reese!

His daddy will be home soon!!!

Love you guys!

Jackie