Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Better Nights

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and prayers. I don't think I have ever been so tired and therefore so emotionally and mentally drained. I also think its just a new normal to get used to. I am used to working during the day and therefore being challenged on deadlines rather than challeneged with crying children. I am loving my time off at home- don't get me wrong- just taking getting used to not having adult interaction all day. I am lucky because yesterday was my first day home alone with both of them and we had play group so I was able to get my adult conversation in. Rusty told me to start watching the news during the day if I needed adult stimulation:) Have you ever known me to watch the news?

I decided to take my friends advice and take a nap last night from 9-11. Of course the night I decide to do this, she cries and is awake the entire time. We did get her down finally at 11:15 and she slept until 3:30. I had her back in bed by 4 and she slept until 6:30/7:00. I had her back down at 8 and was able to get Reese ready for school and Rusty took him to school so I have some time to rest this morning

Except for the lack of nap last night, I couldn't ask for a better night. She was a little fussy in the early evening but overall was very happy and alert. I think we both slept alot better with her in her own room.So far I have not been successful at getting her to sleep in her car seat long when we go on car trips around town. She wakes up as soon as we get out of the car

We are going to go to grandma and grandpas this weekend. Reese is so excited and wont stop talking about it. He told me he was going to grandma and grandpas to show them little sister. He also keeps talking about going upstairs at their house- I guess that's his new thing. I am excited to get away for the weekend and have a little break- Rusty and I may even be able to sneak off on a date.

2 comments:

Aggie Stewarts said...

Yea! I am so glad to hear about the night of rest. Praise God! ~Megan

TheLudlows said...

Praying for you! I does get better- hang in there!