Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Late nights

Things with Caleigh have been going amazingly well- well until last night. I finally felt strong enough to carry her yesterday and start changing diapers on my own (not due to incompetence- due to the fact I couldn't carry or lift her because of my surgery). I didn't wake Rusty up until 4 am to swaddle her (he is still questioning why I cant swaddle and let him sleep:)) . Well it was 6 before we got her back to sleep- so yes it took almost 3 hrs. We would lay her down and then almost be asleep and she would start screaming again. By the time she went to bed at 6 neither of us could sleep- and then to top it off- the power in the house went out for an hr. Good times. I think fervent prayer will be going on tonight for a better nights sleep. I am good with an hour to hour and half for a middle of the night feeding and back to bed but after 3 hrs- I thought I would loose my mind. Of course this all happens when Rusty is headed back to work!

Reese returned home from his grandparents and has decided he needs to be in time out a minimum of 5 times a day. I think once he starts back to MDO next week and gets more adjusted, that it will get better. It does make me feel better that Rusty and his parents are all in agreement that he is not himself- so I am not dreaming it. This afternoon I woke up from a nap to find him standing at my bed (never happens since he is in a crib, but grandma got him out today) and we had a sweet 20 min of laying in bed and looking at fishing magazines together. That's my Reese that I know and love! He wanted to lay in the big bed and didn't like Daddy's pillow. Hopefully one of these days he will decide to sleep in the big bed in his room- but that's a battle I am not willing to fight right now. Caleigh can stay in her cradle for several months and I think we will try one transition at a time.

On a positive note he did do better about staying on his mat in gymnastics. Elizabeth went down and sat with the kids to keep them in control and I am thankful for that. I think the teacher is slow to transition so they get bored- shock!

Rusty's parents are headed back tomorrow so tomorrow night and Friday we will have our first experience as a new family with no extra help.

I need a new name for my blog so feel free to get creative and send me ideas

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww, I'm sorry about sleepless nights. They don't last forever - chant that to yourself while you are up.

Hey, one thing that might help transition to the big bed is the crib mattress on the floor. Gabe works it like a pro.

Blog names... Hmmm... What are you going for? Clarklets? Bubba and Sissy? Little Fisher and Thank-Goodness-I-Don't-Have-a-Stripper-Name? What's wrong with Reese and Caleigh? You could go all Hollywood and call it "Raleigh" or "Caleese."

Andy Crawford said...

We went through an entire month when I was back to work (like 2.5-3.5 months) of up scremaming until 2pm and then she would pass out. We finally got the bugs worked out. Andy does NOT get up for casey unless I make him. Most of the time he can leep right through her screaming.