Saturday, June 13, 2009

Caleigh Marie


We are proud to announce the arrival of our daughter

Caleigh Marie
June 10
7:17 am
8 lbs 9 oz
20 inches long

You pronounce her name like Cali not Kaylee. We picked the spelling of her name because Leigh is my middle name. I am 4th generation with the middle name Lee/Lea/Leigh. Marie is Rusty's mothers name and my grandmothers middle name.

I am making a slow but steady recovery. We came home last night at 9 pm. The hospital was packed and they were literally waiting for us to leave to clean the room to get someone a room

There are 8 people in our bible study and 4 of us had babies in the last 11 days. Caleigh even had a friend in the nursery. The dr said the hospital is hoping with Ike babies- which makes him laugh since we didn't have power outages or effects here:)

Reese has gone to his grandparents. It is nice to have the time to recover but I do miss my buddy. He really wanted Caleigh to come sit with him on the fireplace today. I think he wants a play mate in her!

Also- to add to the fun- Rusty and I got in the car on Wed to head to the hospital only to realize his car was broken into. There was a little crime spree in our super safe neighborhood. It was a good thing we were headed to the hospital because it didn't give him a chance to be upset about it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm just so happy for y'all! Bummer about the car. Enjoy and take advantage of Reese being out of town. Get tons of rest and love on that baby girl!

Laura said...

Congrats. She is a cutie.

Laura said...

Congrats! She is a cutie. I am so glad that you now have a shopping buddy.