Saturday, August 30, 2008

Galveston trip

It has been quite a week. Reese has been sick for a while and this week he was diagnosed with Giardia which the dr believed he got from the swimming pool. We started the antibiotics and then were called and said there was a lab error and he doesn't have it. It took 5 days for the test results and in the meantime he managed to get well on his own- horray. He was sleeping about 18 hrs a day which while nice wasn't right and wasn't able to eat very well. I am happy he is back to himself- although he is a busy busy kid again.

Rusty's mom came and stayed a few days. We went to the park to feed the ducks and they really swarmed Reeese. I guess they aren't getting fed as much now that its hot. We even saw a duck take the bread out of a turtles mouth.

Reese and I headed down to Galveston yesterday for our weekend vacation with my family. We made it down to Friendswood where I was able to visit with my Aunt Louise. Afterwards we met up with Swati and her family for dinner. Swati and I were best friends in elementary and saw each other at A&M new student conference. Other than that, I think its been about 15 years since we last saw each other. It was alot of fun catching up. Reese was not being his usual good self and was a nightmare at dinner, but it was worth it.

I was supposed to see Jackie and Molly also but that didn't work out so we will meet up next time... because... after all of the packing, taking off early, driving and preparing the trip to Galveston was called off. With the storm potentially coming, my Dad called off the trip so Reese and I drove right back home. I never go to bed before 11:30 so you can imagine Rusty's amazement when he comes home last night to find me asleep at 10 PM! It was a long day for sure. I am looking forward to Reese's first trip to the beach--- whenever that may be.

Stacking his tower of cups and knocking it down Playdate with Gianna and AustinSwati and her adorable family


Aunt Louise

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad your little dude got better; it's so sad and a little scary when they are sick.