Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trip to Houston

Reese and I took a day trip to Houston yesterday. He was on excellent behavior and was such a good shopping partner. He was even good about trying on clothes and by the 10th pair of jeans that's pretty impressive. I even found clothes for me which is very rare. We came home prepared for the fall with clothes for both of us and hit a lot of great sales.

Everything was perfect until I was trying on clothes at Harold Powell and realized his diaper had exploded. I was out of diapers in my bag so I ran out to the car to get more. The car was pretty far down the shopping center but I went as fast as I could. While I was gone, apparently one of the sales associates came and asked my mom to take the diaper outside. She explained I went to get one and we would be done soon (after I already told them I was going to take care of the diaper and would be back to finish trying on the clothes). Well I got back and changed him and his clothes and took the diaper out ASAP. I look outside the stall and see the associate lighting a candle and spraying air freshner. I apologize once again for the diaper smell lingering and she asked if I took it outside (hello- am I am idiot). Then she tells me she went to Bath and Body to get candles and air freshner-- hello- its way down the shopping center. I apologize again when I proceed to buy my $175 worth of clothes from them. I think I am going to write a letter because I have never been treated so poorly in my life. If it wasn't all over his clothes I would have taken him outside from the start but decided it was better to leave him be and contained.

Maybe I was wrong in keeping him in the dressing room but this is crazy! Snobby store. I thought from the beginning that they were nice until they realized the child was mine (my mom was pushing him). He was well behaved and in his stroller the entire time. You would have thought he was pushing fixtures over the way they reacted!

No comments: