Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Guest bed

After 8+ years of marriage there are very few things that Rusty and I do not see eye to eye on. One of the areas that we never agree on is the guest bed. We have 2 guest bedrooms- each one with a full size bed and each with a desk. Rusty is constantly wanting me to take the bed out of his room so he has more space. My thoughts are that I gave up my huge beautiful desk (where I will add that I do earn a living unlike his desk where he looks at fishing web sites) to have a small desk and keep a guest bed once the nursery was made. Not to mention that in another few years one of the guest beds will become Reese's bed which leaves us with only 1 guest bed. No reason to get rid of one to buy one in a few years.

All of this to say that the guest beds are used alot. Its especially nice when we have guests during the week to utilize the bed in his room so that I don't wake up a guest at 6:30 am when I start working.

Bryan lived with us for 3 months this summer and stayed entirely in Rusty's guest room. Since he moved out on Aug 15 we have had the following house guests
  • Bryan
  • Marie(3 nights)
  • Brittany (2 nights)
  • My Dad
  • Brook, Tracy,Robyn and Allyson
  • Ryan

I think you see my point!

I meant to write this post yesterday and had it on my mind and then today I find out from Stacy that Rusty was talking about getting rid of the guest bed last night at bible study- ha! He wont be winning this one! As you can see we have plenty of space so come and visit

Since this is the biggest argument we have in our marriage, I think we are doing pretty well!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Rusty, I have to side with Mindy on this one. You wouldn't want to give up your boat-space in the garage to store a bed for a year, would you?

David and Tracy said...

This is just cracking me up! Mindy, you can't give up one of your beds...where are all the ADPi's going to sleep? :-)

-t