Thursday, July 16, 2009

5 weeks and counting

I tried to be really prepared this time and pre order my envelopes for my announcements. Well I am still waiting to get my professional pictures back that we are going to use on them so we are on hold- funny thing is several friends have since moved since I addressed them. Its a bit crazy how many friends have moved in the 6 weeks since I addressed them.

Things with Caleigh are progressing. She pretty much cries from 7-10 at night but after that goes down until around 3 am and then until around 7-8. I have actually gotten pretty used to getting up at 3 am- but ready for it to be over. Not too much to think about or do to pass the time at 3 am. Makes me wish for a short while that I had an iphone so I could at least read.

Reeses MDO summer session ended today. Tomorrow I have a babysitter coming so that we can go swimming with his playgroup. He has only been swimming once since his lessons so this was a good opportunity to get him back in the pool. Monday we have another playdate and then on Tues the grandparents show up to help out for the next 2 weeks until MDO starts back. Caleigh pretty much cries in the car on the way too and from taking and picking up Reese everyday but otherwise we are getting out of the house and getting their on time. Poor Caleigh is just about asleep every time we have to leave to pick him up so I don't think she enjoys being put in the car seat and lugged around. I figure she will be a different baby in 2 weeks when it starts back so this may not be a problem forever.

She has already changed so much- she is getting so big and is smiling. She definitely knows who you are and for some reason will take a bottle from me but not Rusty- go figure. We are working on getting her to take the bottle better so I can start leaving with her babysitters more- hopefully in time for me to go on a clothes shopping trip next weekend. We are going to leave her for sure one day next week to go out to dinner for Rustys birthday. In the 9 years we have been married I know he has been gone at least 3 of his birthdays- good thing he is a guy who isn't birthday focused because we are a bit limited in what we can do this year

I am not sure if you follow my brother in laws blog but there are some really neat pictures of Afghanistan on this latest post. He went up into the mountains for a few weeks to meet with local farmers. I never saw pictures like this when Rusty was there

No comments: