Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

This weekend we went to the river for our annual Memorial Day trip. Rusty was a nervous wreck that I was going to go into labor so I spent most of the weekend relaxing. I did hit up the outlet mall on 2 trips and did get some great clothes for the kids. It was great to see all of the extended family and to shock those who somehow missed I was pregnant. I think there were 23 of us there.

The entire extended family was involved in helping to pick a name. We have a list but still making little progress. I really thought I was in labor on Sunday night and not having a name doesn't help! I predict it will be any day now. I feel like a ticking time bomb sitting around waiting for something to happen.

Reese had a blast at the river. He went on 2 float trips with Rusty- each one lasting about an hr and a half. He likes to tell you all about it and how he even went down the shoot. I was not allowed anywhere near the river so I didn't get any good pictures- but got a few on our test run in the baby pool.
Reese got sick out of nowhere last week when his friends were over. He looked so sweet on his floor pallet. He started to feel better so we went out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary and left him with a babysitter.
Reese's MDO is out for a month so we had a babysitter come today. He says the funniest things. I asked what all he and Katy did today and I said- did you play outside, color, etc. When I said you ate he said "nine". Cracks me up.

Last night he and Daddy were working in the garage and he was measuring just like Rusty. I said go stand by your tape and he was like a little model. For once he took direction on my picture!


Last weekend I went to Houston to throw a shower for my college roommate. The girls will be about a month apart so I say they will be college roommates.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What do you mean they somehow missed you being pregnant? You didn't make an effort to tell everyone! I'm still holding a grudge.

Two more names: Cambry and Sasha