Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there. I am spending mine but having the weekend alone. Rusty and Reese have left for the weekend to give me a chance to throw a baby shower and to have some much needed R&R. I asked for my gift to be a weekend alone and have loved it, but it does take some getting used to having the house so quiet. I do miss my boys. I am taking advantage of the weekend to relax and to unpack the 9 boxes of baby clothes and baby items we have in the attic to see what we can save and use for her and what I need to sell.
FYI- After 9 years my wedding dress is finally sold (I have two because Rusty's best friends bride and I had the same dress) so there is hope!
I also wanted to take a minute to say how happy I am to be a part of GBC. We were gone for a few weeks and last week I was getting emotional being back in service. Charissa spoke about this a few weeks ago on her blog and it's so true- you take it for granted until you don't get to go. I am so glad that after years and years of deciding on what church/denomination to go to (Rusty grew up C of C and I grew up Baptist) that we have a place to call home. Makes me sad to leave it next year when the Army moves us- trying to live in denial that its ever going to happen.
I have had a busy couple of weeks with all the showers (for other people) and social events. This week my Dad is coming and we are going to go and tour the GB Library. I cant believe I have never been there. Rusty played at the opening and I was glued to the tv with it, but have never been. No better time to go then when you are 9 months pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment