Friday, April 3, 2009

NYC

Taking the glucose test was the quite possibly worse than birthing a child. 15 hrs without eating and then being pumped with sugar did not do well on my system. I am a person who eats as soon as I wake up so this was horrible. I passed 2 and failed 2 of the tests so I am borderline with the gestational diabetes. I have to test my blood sugar every day and meet with a nutritionist. I will be re evaluated once I go back for my visit on the 15th to determine if I need to take it everyday. Of course all of this starts when I get back from NYC.

I think I need to give up on the prop jet to connect. Many people including myself got sick on the plane. Luckily I had a carry on so I travelled in a dress the rest of the day- fun times. The main plane to NYC had 1 1/2 delay so needless to say we didn't get to NYC as early as we thought. We relaxed until Angela got off work and then went to see the Lion King and to dinner.

Today we took the sightseeing bus and we were rained on for 2 hrs straight. Fun times with the cold, wind and rain on top of the double decker. We had lunch at Tavern on the Green and then took another bus tour this afternoon. Luckily the rain went away and we had good weather this afternoon. We hit several shops on 5th Avenue and moms favorite- Macys. We walked and walked all day - fun times when you are 7 months pregnant. Tomorrow we are off to see the Statue of Liberty, Soho, Greenwich Village, Wall Street and The World Trade Center. Mom has quite the agenda for us and loves to shop. We have done really well getting around the subway and navigating the city without getting lost.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I must say, this sounds like a downer of a trip. I hope everything works out with the diabetes issue. That test really really sucks.