Yeah for finally getting my taxes done tonight. I am not sure why I put them off. My sister is the opposite- she has me do hers the moment it all comes in the mail - and even anxiously awaits everything to come in the mail.
Rusty's parents were kind enough to watch Reese while I was in NYC and then they stopped in today on their way back from camping for a quick visit. Reese loves to show off for his grandparents.
Now back to NYC. Let me just say that Thurs and Sunday we had fantastic weather so of course that was the day we came and left. Saturday it was 23 mile an hr winds and very cold. You could hardly walk down the street at times. We walked out on the observation deck at the Statue of Liberty and you could hardly move because of the wind. I had never been out to the statue or Ellis Island. The security to go out there is crazy. I had to get my bottle of water approved by the park ranger and then 3 security guards because of my "medical condition". They don't allow strollers, food, beverages or back packs so needless to say I would never take a toddler there. After all the feuding over my water we made it to the statue and Ellis Island and spent most of the morning there.
When we arrived back we went shopping in Soho (had to buy baby girl something at the store Giggle like I had for Reese) as well as the World Trade Center. I also took mom to see Grand Central Station and shopping around town. Saturday night we rented a car and went with Angela to the Bronx to visit her church.
We woke up Sunday to a beautiful sunny day and were bummed we had to leave. Luckily I didn't have the drama on the flight I had going to NYC (even made my tight connection ) and didn't get sick on the plane.
Came home to Reese who was so happy to see Daddy- could have cared less about me of course. Its all about Daddy these days:)
This will be my last big trip for a while. It will just be travel in the state for probably 6 months. My mom took all the pictures in NYC so I will add them once I get them from her this weekend.
1 comment:
I'm glad you are back! I won't be here this weekend, sadly. I will miss you. Post a picture of what you bought baby girl. Got any names picked out?
(The word verification below is "mated," I swear! Guess they know about you and Rusty ;)
Post a Comment