Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bday surprise

We are still in search of a girls name so feel free to send some along.

Reese and I had a great weekend with my family celebrating Easter. Reese's version of hunting eggs is you open one and see whats in it and then decide if you throw it in the bag or not- not the most efficient. Eventually he started to put a few in the bag before opening to see if there was anything in it. He had a great time with his cousins and running around with the big boys. I did feel bad for my mom because her stuffed Clifford couldnt compare with the truck, boat and trailer I picked up for Reese. I picked out the Clifford with my mom several months ago and assured her he would love it- of course compared to his boat nothing can compare. I have been meaning to write about my husband and his birthday celebration this year. I have come to care very little about my birthday. In fact this year I spent the afternoon at a playdate for Reese and the night at bible study without anyone even knowing it was my birthday. No one at work would have known if my boss hadn't announced it- he said he remembered me complaining about having my bday on the last day of the quarter -therefore always having a major deliverable that day!

You know Rusty is an introvert and going to a concert is pretty low on his list. Well he took me to the Third Day concert for my bday. A storm blew in and I don't think I have ever been SO COLD in my life- but we had a great time and a lot of bonding. As Mac from Third Day said- this will Check Spellingmake a great story about how cold it is in the Spring in Texas out of nowhere. Before we left for the outdoor show I confirmed Rusty knew it was going to be really cold- he said yes. My military husband is always good about taking care of things- well in this case it was to bring a uhaul moving blanket and a table cloth to put on the ground since it would be wet. Needless to say we spend the night freezing with a uhaul blanket as our only cover. Of course he has all sorts of cold weather gear and even thought about going home to get it- but we made it. I had too much $ invested in tickets, t-shirt, dinner and baby sitter to leave early.

Rusty did surprise me with the new U2 cd I wanted (I know I am the only person in the world who still buys cd's and doesnt have an Ipod) and flowers. Then to round out the bday I went to NYC. I have never had a week long event for my bday. My sweet husband really did it up this year. It will take a lot to beat my 30th (if you ignore the fact that it was spent at the mall in GA with my newborn screaming) where I was able to fit in my pre pregnancy jeans- but this one was pretty close.

No comments: