Saturday, September 13, 2008

90210 and busy days

I have been crazy busy with extracurricular activities and have really fallen behind on posting new pictures and blogging. Everything seemed to get busy with the kick off of the school year(which is funny since none of us are in school). I started in a local MOPS group this week to add to the fun. Reese started his new Kindermusik class and loved it. We will go at 9 on Thurs so he will show up 30-40 min late to school on Thurs. Funny thing is this puts him at school just in time to straight to MDO music time. Double music time on Thurs for him.

Reese was very sick last weekend. but still took a day trip to Houston. Reese and I went down for a gymnastics 3rd birthday party and ended up getting to spend some time with my sister and her family as well.

Reese is doing well and didn't even make a peep amongst the hurricane winds last night.We have had a lot of strong wind but we are very lucky. The local Starbucks is even open- how silly is that. I had my bathtub full of water and had things unplugged and a few things moved up off the ground but I am of the camp that its better safe than sorry. I can still remember the sound of Kelley's bedroom window breaking in hurricane Alicia. I think Rusty finds it a bit amusing how I handle the storms vs him. It's sort of funny that he is home actually. Since he isn't attached to a unit he doesn't get called up for storm duty. This soldier is taking an afternoon nap

We still have power so I took the opportunity during his nap today to watch the new 90210. We don't have the CW on our satellite (I have called many times to complain) so I have to watch it on line. I thought it was pretty good. Between it,The Hills and my new found show Million Dollar Listing on Bravo, I think I should move to California. I would need many millions of course to buy a tiny house, but I could get used to the beach and sun year round. Life without hurricanes would be nice as well- but then there are the earthquakes to think of.

I was surprised by the new 90210. I watched every episode for 10 years of the old one. It is a bit nostalgic to me because my life when it started and my life now is so very different. Better now- just different. More responsibilities for sure. My biggest when it started was probably if some boy liked me and if I was going to get to hang out with my friends on the weekend. Its funny how you think everything is so tragic when you are a teenager and looking back its so silly. This is an issue I face alot when I spend too much time up at the sorority house. When Rusty was deployed and I was up there I sometimes wanted to say to the women when they were complaining "Send your husband off to war and then we will talk about a real problem". You all know I am too nice for that and only see the good in everyone but sometimes it would have been nice.

I thought Shannen D(Brenda) gave me the creeps and was very awkward when she and Jennie G(Kelly) try to play nice. Its so clear they don't like each other. I have been wanting to get Tori Spellings book where she talks about their fall out. Here is what I think- if 2 of them said Shannen was horrible- does she have a chance to win that fight. I do like how they did use Andrea's daughter and Kelly's sister on the show. It makes it tie back to the old one a bit more.

The show made me a little nervous for the life Reese will have in high school. I was so naive and never even knew where to find trouble. I used to think I wanted a girl, but then I think of the awkward teenage years and I think of how silly I was. Ang and I were just talking the other day about how we were crazy emotional and cried over everything- blame the hormones.

No comments: