Saturday, May 15, 2010

We have a crop!

I have been begging Rusty to build a garden for years. This year we finally did it- and I am proud to say that it is doing extremly well. My herbs are looking wonderful. I have loved being able to cook dinner by grabbing ingrediants last minute out of the yard instead of having to run to the store.

Today, Reese and I went out and saw RED in the garden. We have our first batch of tomatoes. They have taken over the garden. I moved the mellons and the herbs out of the garden because tomatoes are EVERYWHERE! I am excited that we are going to have a great crop of home grown food this summer. This is a great family tradition to get started. I remember gardening as a child and how much fun it was. Now if only I can get Reese to eat tomatoes! I am going to making a lot of tomato sauce and freezing!

Here is a picture on the day we built it (somehow the only one I took- we dont have one of it completed)

and a picture of our first crop

No comments: