Friday, May 14, 2010

Can't get a break

Poor Caleigh cant get a break. I took her to the dr on Tues and she has the stomach bug (after several days of not keeping anything down we wanted to make sure it wasn't a complication from surgery). She got over that and then had a spot of poison ivy that we went back to the dr for. Obviously she didn't get in the plant but touched something or someone that did. Its a small spot on her leg, but still another addition to her sick week!

It wont be long before we are off to Jackson Hole.I am slowly getting it together and reading my travel book. I am usually very prepared for a trip! I have a feeling we will show up at the concierge and tell them to plan the week for us!

Rusty and I took a cooking class together on Tues. I thought it was fun. He said he cant work with me in a kitchen because I am a disaster with tools:) I have really really improved my skills over the past few years and actually think I am getting pretty good, thanks to the classes. Well, partially the classes and partially having a kid with a milk allergy and not being able to cook casseroles.

On that note- I put a little bit of cows milk in with Caleighs milk today and no issues! I know she passed her allergy test, but the fact that she had no reaction to a small amount of straight milk is fantastic! Rusty and I were commenting out at dinner the other night (when we ordered fish tacos not thinking they would have cream sauce on them) how great it is to be able to just feed your kid off the table at a restaurant without having to call a chef over or read up on the menu before you go! We tend to stick to the same restaurants over and over where we know he wont get sick, as a result. Now we just pray that Reese listens to me when I tell him that if he drinks Caleighs cups he will be in the hospital and unable to breathe. I really wanted to put her on soy milk but the dr really advised me to put her on cows milk since soy is like being on diet milk (hence why Reese is only 8 lbs more than she is)

No comments: