Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mexico

We have had a busy little week with parks and playgroups and having fun. Monday alone we went to the gym, grocery store, to the park with MOPS, and then to the Children's Museum. Reese has quite the social calendar (of course driven by his mother who doesn't like to stay home too much). He is constantly saying "Austins house" since we have been there twice this week- (Ang- he actually cried it all the way home from church today). Most importantly he made it through the bday party at Ben and Jerry's with no allergic reactions- yeah!!! I have spent the last two nights volunteering at the Daddy Daughter Dance at the Children's Museum so he has had some good time with Daddy.

Finally about the trip to Mexico. I have the most amazing in laws who understand the need for a couple to get away and are so happy to watch Reese so that we can. I had decided we would stay local and go to the Hyatt Lost Pines and they actually encouraged us to have a real getaway and go to Mexico like we had been talking. Rusty was very non committal on planning the trip - my final suggestions were Cabo, Playa Del Carmen, Cayman Islands and Costa Rica. Rusty said Cabo since it was a fishing town- go figure.

We stayed at the Hilton and had a fantastic stay. We had a great suite and fantastic service. We had VIP treatment- starting with them checking us in, in our room rather than at the check in desk. While at the pool we had free 5 minute neck massages, free popsicles and a guy who came around and cleaned your sunglasses. It was a slow week at the hotel so we had people asking us how they could help right and left. We met 2 pilots who flew for a billionaire who were there 2 weeks before when it was packed. Listening to their stories made me so happy that we waited until school was back in and for a less busy time.

We went into the town of Cabo San Lucas one afternoon and evening. We took a boat ride out to the point and had a great lobster dinner. Rusty wanted to see the nightlife I had always told him about so we went to El Squid Roe. We walk in and its calm and everyone was eating dinner- we were there way too early. It started to pick up by the time we left at 9:30 but it was definitely not the young wild crowd that was there when I was there several years ago. I had been to Cabo with my cousins several years ago and was amazed how much it had changed-it has really grown.

We are people who hardly ever stay at our hotel and are always gone all day exploring the city/island where we are. Not this time. Except for the one trip into town we just hung out at the resort and had a blast. Rusty even stayed a whole day at the pool- shocking for him. I went to the spa, we slept alot, ate alot, and did a lost of star and ocean gazing. We went for daily walks on the beach after our daily breakfast buffet. Rusty really wants to go back and go fishing and I am sure will be scouting out a partner to do that in a few years.

I cant put into words how fantastic the trip was. It was just what I needed after a busy stressful year end at work. We went in January for 4 days and 3 nights- from Sat to Tues. The only bad thing about the trip was that I got sick on the flight from here to Houston- but I was not alone- everyone on the bus was talking about how rough of a ride it was. Luckily it only lasts 30 min.

Everyone knows what a traveler I am and I have the travel bug again - so it will be Disney World in March and NYC in April.

View from our room

Rusty thought all these beds by the pool were hysterical

No comments: