Time passes before my eyes before I realize how long its been since I blogged and then I have friends who remind me. I am glad to know I have friends who do read and keep up with our life. Thanks Courtney for this months reminder. I have hardly been blogging or on facebook lately-I think when you are on the computer all day for a living that getting back on at night is almost torture. After all- I did finally send out 2 months worth of pictures of Reese this week so I feel atleast a little since of accomplishment.
I have been terribly sick with a massive cold all week and on top of it I must have pulled a muscle from coughing so hard. Rusty assures me every day that I didn't break a rib and puncture my lung as I feel I have. It has been very painful and it takes everything in me to lift Reese into the high chair or car seat. I am finally feeling like it might be getting better and I might actually be able to have a real cough without holding my side in gripping pain so that I can get over this cold!
Yesterday I went my my mom, Reese and my cousins out to my brothers house. We drove around the back part of their neighborhood to see the 42 houses that were condemned from the hurricane and it was surreal- some houses were just slabs, some you could see straight through and some were being remodeled. I could even see the clothes hanging in the closet in one house. All 4 of the cousins played in the yard at their house and had a great afternoon. I will post some pictures once I download them. Oh I should mention while I was on my day trip, Rusty was on one of his own. He was working the parking for the monster truck show at Reliant. PV ROTC got the money from working the parking as a fundraiser. I just think its funny that out of all of the events at the stadium that PV gets the monster truck show.
On a Reese note he is talking more all the time. I really think he was singing happy birthday in the car the other day. He is obsessed with chapstick and today he even said - "help mommy" to get it open. I also love when he says "hug mommy". He still wakes up and the first word out of his mouth is "Daddy" (and then I proceed to tell him daddy and truck are at work or daddy is asleep) and that his vocabulary has expanded past truck and boat. I think Rusty is thrilled to not hear those 2 words 10000 times a day.
An area everyone can be praying about is for daycare. Reese's MDO is going full time so I have to look at other options. This has been keeping me awake at night as I find new places to put him on the waitlist and try to decide if I work 3,4,5 days depending on where I put him- and possibly even putting him at 2 different places.
I am trying to not have such long posts so tomorrow I will work on posting pictures from Mexico.
1 comment:
You can post as long as you want because I love to hear it all. I will pray for Reese's daycare situation - you'll certainly work it out. Isn't it fun how quickly they advance in language? And they are so thrilled with themselves! I hope you feel better really soon. Love to you and your family!
Post a Comment