Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years

It has been nice to have a somewhat slow week after last week. Reese did great in the car to and from Oklahoma and was pretty good- most of the time we were there. He decided while there that he would have his first no nap day- what a nightmare. Since we got home, we have been taking his pacifier away this week and it has been rough at nap time but I think in Oklahoma it was just that he wanted to party. We travelled in groups of 20 pretty much everywhere we went there. It was good to see our family and to get to visit.

I took Reese to the indoor bounce house for the first time today and he loved it. He has no fear and loved going through the maze, up the tall ladder and down the huge slide. That's my little climber. I am grateful for the recent weather because he has been able to play outside with his new toys and continue to show me that he is all boy.

Christmas and his bday went really well. His party went really well- just the right number of adults and kids. Its too bad it was 40 degrees since I had a bounce house (and 70 degrees 2 days before and after) but everyone still had a good time. His Christmas can pretty much be summed up in the word tractor. He got a john deer lawnmower he calls tractor as well as a tractor book, toy tractor, dump truck and a John Deere Gator. My sister gave us the gator (yeah for being the last of 4 boys in the family) and it doesn't have a battery so I feel ok with him playing in it. Problem is my nephew Conner got one with a battery a few days before for Christmas so now Reese is asking why his doesn't go and where is the key:) We will eventually buy a battery for it, but for now I am happy he cant drive it.

Reese is starting to talk up a storm and really but recognizable sentences together.

Rusty has been busy fishing with all of this time off. I think he is working like 4 days in a month- nice! He is off for the weekend hunting with my family. Its been a hard month for him:)

My mom came up yesterday to show us her new car and spend New Years together. I think this is our 3rd or 4th New Years to spend at the local Cotton Patch (so that we can eat our black eyed peas). For New Years Eve I went to our friends house to celebrate with our bible study group and then spend the night and New Years day watching my job run for work- gotta love 1/1 in the pension world. We successfully processed about 32,000 accounts and I am glad to have that over with.

Rusty has finally broken down and bought a new computer so I will be posting new pictures as soon as it arrives. It takes forever to do anything on the current one and I was pretty close to throwing it in the trash the other day!

2 comments:

Sam and Courtney said...

Hey!

Thank you for updating your blog! I missed you while we were in town - both kids were sick, and Ally we actually just took Ally back to the dr for the 4th time today! Anyway, it sounds like y'all had fun!

Jennifer said...

Welcome back! You sound happy and busy as usual! I can't wait for pictures!