Saturday, October 4, 2008

Catch Up



Dressed up for church. Taking advantage of my ability to dress him cute until he is 2!

I love the way they are looking at each other. Good cousins!

I apologize that its been 2 weeks since the last posting. I will follow up from the prior posting and say that as hard as it is to mentally keep Reese up later, I have been doing that and he is back to a 2-3 hr nap. Who knew 12:30 vs 1:00 would make so much difference.
The highlight of my week was the return of Friday Night Lights. I was a bit disappointed in the episode, but so happy to have my favorite show back.

Last week Rusty was in Virginia all week for training. I was so lucky that it was coincidental that was the week my friend Stephanie was coming for a visit. She stayed for 3 days and then my dad made an impromptu stop on Thursday. On Friday night I went to a Junior League preview party at a local jewelry store with Amy and Angela. I didn't think it would be as much fun as it was. It was fun to dress up and go out for an adults only night. It took me a while but eventually I did get into the spirit of trying on $12,000 necklaces like it was no big deal. I think the best moment was the 40+ caret blue topaz ring that Amy tried on. I cant imagine who can wear a ring that big. The week flew by. Rusty returned home in the middle of the night on Friday. Sunday he spent the day at the lake, but Saturday he played with Reese all day and we had a great family day. I also had a chance to relax a bit and let the daddy son bonding occur around the boat outside.

Reese is OBSESSED with the boat. We nearly couldn't get him out the door to go to church on Sunday with it parked in the driveway. When we went outside he just stood on the slab screaming for the boat. It gets better because he saw a boat in someone elses driveway the other day and cried all the way home. I think he might be a boater one day- what do you think? We met my brother down at Bass Pro a few weeks ago and I think he was a little shocked how Reese got in the boat and acted like he knew what he was doing- opening compartments and all.

On a side note regarding my brother. After living with each sets of parents they did return home about a week and a half after the storm. A tree fell on the house but didn't cause major damage. They were very lucky because they had to condemn 43 houses in their neighborhood. I am very lucky that no one in my family had major damage- not to say that I don't have friends who do.

This past week has been a whirlwind. We have gone to the Children's Museum, played outside every day and had 2 dinner parties. Reese is such a good little boy and he is doing very well with his manners and learning to put things back where they go. It amazes me everyday how much he can do and how much he understands what I say. He doesn't speak a lot (at least that I can understand) but his favorite phrase right now is saying stuck. "I'm Stuck" is a common term in the house referring to him, food, toys etc that he cant get.

Reese and I are headed to the outlet mall on Monday and then on to see Grandma and Grandpa for a few days.

No comments: